Image Source: Unsplash
Men often find themselves rushing in the morning, trying to get ready for the day ahead. And one aspect of their morning routine that often gets neglected is styling their hair. However, with a few simple steps and the right products, you can achieve a quick and easy morning hair routine that will leave you looking sharp and put together. In this article, we will guide you through the process of styling your hair in a hurry, ensuring that you start your day with confidence.
1. Start with Clean Hair
Before you can style your hair, it’s important to start with clean hair. This means washing your hair with a suitable shampoo and conditioner. Choose a shampoo that is appropriate for your hair type and scalp condition. If you have oily hair, opt for a clarifying shampoo to remove excess oil and buildup. For dry hair, use a moisturizing shampoo to hydrate and nourish your strands.
Once you’ve washed your hair, apply a conditioner to keep it soft and manageable. Massage the conditioner into your hair and scalp, focusing on the ends to prevent split ends and breakage. Leave the conditioner in for a few minutes before rinsing it out thoroughly.
2. Towel Dry Gently
After washing your hair, it’s important to towel dry it gently to avoid damage. Instead of vigorously rubbing your hair with a towel, which can cause frizz and breakage, gently squeeze out the excess water. Pat your hair dry with a soft towel, being careful not to twist or pull on your strands.
3. Apply Styling Product
Once your hair is towel-dried, it’s time to apply a styling product. Choosing the right product will depend on your hair type and the style you want to achieve. For a sleek and polished look, consider using a pomade or hair gel. These products will provide hold and control, keeping your hair in place throughout the day. If you prefer a more natural and textured look, opt for a styling cream or paste.
Take a small amount of the product and rub it between your palms. Then, apply it evenly through your hair, starting from the roots and working your way to the ends. Make sure to distribute the product evenly to ensure that every strand is coated.
4. Comb or Brush Your Hair
After applying the styling product, use a comb or brush to style your hair. If you have short hair, a comb will be sufficient to create your desired look. For longer hair, use a brush to detangle and smooth out your strands. Start at the roots and comb or brush through your hair, working your way to the ends. This will help distribute the product evenly and create a polished finish.
5. Use a Blow Dryer (Optional)
If you’re pressed for time or want to add some volume to your hair, you can use a blow dryer. Start by setting the dryer to a low or medium heat setting to prevent damage. Hold the dryer about 6 inches away from your hair and use your fingers or a brush to lift and style your hair as you dry it. This will help create volume and shape while ensuring that your hair stays in place throughout the day.
6. Finishing Touches
To complete your morning hair routine, consider adding some finishing touches to enhance your style. If you have flyaways or frizz, apply a small amount of anti-frizz serum or hair oil to smooth them down. This will give your hair a polished and well-groomed appearance.
If you prefer a more natural look, you can skip the blow dryer and let your hair air dry. This will create a relaxed and effortless style that is perfect for casual occasions.
7. Essential Hair Care Tips
In addition to your morning hair routine, it’s important to incorporate some essential hair care tips into your daily routine to keep your hair healthy and strong. Here are a few tips to consider:
- Protect your hair from heat: Before using any heat styling tools, such as flat irons or curling irons, make sure to apply a heat protectant spray to minimize damage.
- Trim your hair regularly: Regular trims every 6-8 weeks will help prevent split ends and keep your hair looking fresh and well-maintained.
- Avoid overwashing: Washing your hair every day can strip it of its natural oils, leading to dryness and damage. Instead, aim to wash your hair every 2-3 days or as needed.
- Eat a balanced diet: A healthy diet rich in vitamins and minerals is essential for strong and healthy hair. Include foods like fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains in your diet to promote hair growth and prevent hair loss.
8. Hairstyle Trends for Men
If you’re looking to switch up your hairstyle, it’s always helpful to stay informed about the latest trends. In 2018, the world of men’s hairstyles is more diverse and accepting than ever before. From short to long hair, there are no limits to what you can experiment with. The man bun and shaved sides trends have gained popularity in recent years, and 2018 promises to bring even more exciting hairstyles for men. Don’t be afraid to try something new and express your personality through your hair.
9. Common Hair Styling Mistakes to Avoid
While styling your hair, it’s important to be aware of common mistakes that can damage your hair or ruin your desired look. Here are a few mistakes to avoid:
- Overusing styling products: Using too much product can weigh down your hair and make it look greasy. Start with a small amount and add more as needed.
- Using heat styling tools on wet hair: Heat styling tools should only be used on dry or slightly damp hair. Using them on wet hair can cause damage and breakage.
- Neglecting to protect your hair from the sun: Just like your skin, your hair can be damaged by the sun’s harmful rays. Protect your hair by wearing a hat or using a leave-in conditioner with UV protection.
10. Embrace Your Personal Style
Ultimately, the most important aspect of your morning hair routine is to embrace your personal style and feel confident in your appearance. Experiment with different hairstyles, products, and techniques to find what works best for you. Whether you prefer a sleek and polished look or a more relaxed and natural style, the key is to feel comfortable and express your unique personality through your hair.
In conclusion, a quick and easy morning hair routine is achievable with the right products and techniques. By following these steps and incorporating essential hair care tips into your daily routine, you can ensure that your hair looks its best every day. Embrace the latest hairstyle trends, avoid common styling mistakes, and most importantly, embrace your personal style to start your day with confidence.